Thread: GLA Questions!

Forum Member

Question Question about GLA!

The latest FF books recommends GLA in the form of black currant seed oil over EPO or borage oil because it's more balanced. What does 'more balanced' mean in this context and how important is the ideal balance in terms of stimulating brown fat? (I want to try some new Unikey products, but I'm going to have to buy my own GLA in order to stick to my budget...)

I'm also wondering if there would be benefits to taking more than the recommended amount of GLA per day.

Final question... I remember reading that EPO is known to alleviate PMS symptoms and/or menstrual cramps. I can't exactly remember. I have severe PMS symptoms and menstrual cramps, so I was wondering if it's the EPO specifically that helps, or is it the GLA, and do we know why it helps? Is there a protocol for taking EPO/GLA that would be ideal in terms of fighting these symptoms? More around my period time or just stick to a consistent daily dose?

Thanks!

Katie

Super-Member

Hi Katie! This is the perfect question for Dr. Ann Louise I'll be happy to re-post this for you on the live chat thread for her to answer next Tuesday! We look forward to 'seeing' you there!
    *> Sue
    Testing Coordinator & Sales Consultant with Uni Key Health Systems
    sierra@unikeyhealth.com
    www.unikeyhealth.com
    www.fatflush.com
    www.smoothieshakedown.com
    www.annlouise.com

Quote Originally Posted by babygabesmama View Post
    The latest FF books recommends GLA in the form of black currant seed oil over EPO or borage oil because it's more balanced. What does 'more balanced' mean in this context and how important is the ideal balance in terms of stimulating brown fat? (I want to try some new Unikey products, but I'm going to have to buy my own GLA in order to stick to my budget...)
    GLA, in the form of BCSO is more bio- available to the body.
    I'm also wondering if there would be benefits to taking more than the recommended amount of GLA per day.
    Yes, here are a few of the reasons you'd want to double up on the BCSO: if you want to help break a plateau, have dry eye from the aging process.
    Final question... I remember reading that EPO is known to alleviate PMS symptoms and/or menstrual cramps.
    EPO is known to cause break-through bleeding, this is actually one of the reasons that Dr. Ann Louise prefers the BCSO.
    I can't exactly remember. I have severe PMS symptoms and menstrual cramps, so I was wondering if it's the EPO specifically that helps, or is it the GLA, and do we know why it helps? Is there a protocol for taking EPO/GLA that would be ideal in terms of fighting these symptoms? More around my period time or just stick to a consistent daily dose?
    As far as I know the best supplement you can take to regulate the menstrual cycle is the Flax Seed/Flax Seed Oil.

Thanks!

Katie
    Have a great day!!
    Take Care,
    Janine
    Moderator Since May 22, 2007

Fat FLush For Life
    , BeauCle Moisturizer, Fat Flush Whey Protein

Forum members get a 10% discount at Uni Key Health by using the code "FORUM" at checkout.

My Picture Trail