Forum Member

Default Questions about nutrition.

After reading I decided to go with the FFP instead of the FFFL (also I already bought all the food following this plan. Still I have some questions about it.
    The suggestions for the 2 week on phase 1 have to much cooking for me, and have sea food protein everyday, which I am afraid to consume daily for the mercury. Can I substitute the protein from the sea to chicken or turkey protein, and still do the FFP?

Also I'm completely confused. I read in a book that consuming to much Omega 3 (Flaxseed oil) was bad if you do not consume enough Omega 6 (Fish Oil) because can put you at risk of developing macular degeneration. I know If I consume the sea protein I will be protected, but again due to be afraid of mercury poisoning. Can I suplement with fish oil, or should I wait for phase 3. I just re-start today phase 1.

I was also confused with the black currant seed extract, and the CLA, but tell me if I'm wrong. Those aren't Omegas oils? They're different kind of fats. Am I right?

Sorry for so many questions, and all the confusion I tried to go vegetarian to lose weight. I read a lot, and try it, but did not work for me, it was almost pure carbs. I hope you guys can help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Morethan60 View Post
    After reading I decided to go with the FFP instead of the FFFL (also I already bought all the food following this plan. Still I have some questions about it.
    The suggestions for the 2 week on phase 1 have to much cooking for me, and have sea food protein everyday, which I am afraid to consume daily for the mercury. Can I substitute the protein from the sea to chicken or turkey protein, and still do the FFP?

Yes, you can substitute but also Google low mercury fish, it will show you the ratings of which are healthy fish to eat. No reason to cut them out entirely!! They are good and good for you I eat Mahi, salmon, grouper, and snapper: regularly.

Also I'm completely confused. I read in a book that consuming to much Omega 3 (Flaxseed oil) was bad if you do not consume enough Omega 6 (Fish Oil) because can put you at risk of developing macular degeneration. I know If I consume the sea protein I will be protected, but again due to be afraid of mercury poisoning. Can I suplement with fish oil, or should I wait for phase 3. I just re-start today phase 1.
    Flax and Fish are both O3's, olive oil, peanut, vegetable are O6. That's why it IS so important to get in the Fish/Flax because we all tend to get in plenty of the 06's and you do need to balance them.
    I was also confused with the black currant seed extract, and the CLA, but tell me if I'm wrong. Those aren't Omegas oils? They're different kind of fats. Am I right?
    Correct. GLA very important to activate the fat burning tissue. Also, for hair, eyes, skin and nails.

Sorry for so many questions, and all the confusion I tried to go vegetarian to lose weight. I read a lot, and try it, but did not work for me, it was almost pure carbs. I hope you guys can help me.
    We're here for you: to support you and clear up any questions. Do take some time to dig around the Forum Library and also the stickies in the various sections. There is some great information in there. Ohhhh, and Dr. ALG's video are chock full of pearls!
    Take Care,
    Janine
    Moderator Since May 22, 2007

Fat FLush For Life
    , BeauCle Moisturizer, Fat Flush Whey Protein

Forum members get a 10% discount at Uni Key Health by using the code "FORUM" at checkout.

My Picture Trail