Super-Member

Question Healthseed spelt...

I cannot find it anywhere...my Whole Foods and Earthfare no longer carry it...I cannot order direct from French Meadow anymore.. What's a girl to do??lol Help....
    Linda 161/145/135

2/20/10.........163/158/145

Moderator and Personal Meal Planning Services

Hey Linda,

Well...I did a little Goggling and found this site:

French Meadow Bakery Organic Healthseed Spelt Bread 24 Ounce at FoodServiceDirect!

You have to buy a case of 6 loaves though...price doesn't seem too bad compared to what I pay locally.

I would also talk to your Whole Foods manager as they are usually more than happy to special order an item for you. I know my store is very accomodating.

I also found out that Amazon has a spin-off grocery company called Amazon Fresh that also carries the bread. Very interesting concept...looks like it's still developing as so far, delivery is limited to the Seattle area:

French Meadow, Health Seed Spelt Bread, 24 oz (Frozen) | AmazonFresh

Will be watching to see if this service expands...

if all else fails, you can always use Ezekiel bread...which many Fat Flushers actually seem to tolerate better.

Hope this helps!
    Linda Shapiro

Meal Planning Maven
    Custom meal plans, menu tracking and food coaching

Linda@MealPlanningMaven.com www.mealplanningmaven.com www.facebook.com/mealplanningmaven
    Celebrating 12 YEARS of Fat Flushing!

Super-Member

Default bread....

Thanks Linda... Yes I discovered all those that you mention...the food direct service wants $24..00 to deliver...or maybe it was more..I thought it was outrageous and immediately dismissed it in my mind...I think all in all it was around $75.oo with the bread... Whole Foods is not able to get the Healthseed Spelt ..for whatever reason no one in this area seems to be able to order it...Seems like I went through this a couple of years ago and decided not to eat bread..but this time around I thought I would like to have the choice again...
    I have been in touch with French Meadow, looking for other options, but no luck so far..
    Snowed in here in NC...can you believe...what a winter we have had so far...I might as well be back in Jersey where at least they clean the roads! ha ha

Thanks for your ideas...the Amazon thing sounds gr8..Hope it comes here soon!
    Linda 161/145/135

OOOOH, that shipping fee is quite steep!

Well, I think your best bet then is to try the Ezekiel. I really like it and in fact, buy it more often than the Healthseed Spelt.

Oh wait...do you have Fat Flush for Life? There are some new breads on the Winter and Spring food lists:

Kinnikinnick Candadi Multi-Grain Rice Bread and the Food for Life Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Tortillas, (both yeast and gluten-free!)

Both these products are widely available here, both in WF and all our local natural food stores.

I've been hearing about your crazy winter! We've had several hard freezes already in S. Florida and we still have lots of winter to go!
    Linda Shapiro

Meal Planning Maven

Linda@MealPlanningMaven.com www.mealplanningmaven.com www.facebook.com/mealplanningmaven

Super-Member

Default Ezekiel.

Is there a special variety Ezekiel. for FFP2? I do not believe I ever bought it...Always loved the Healthseed...so I never tried anything else...
    Wish that Unikey could ship us the bread...and other food related goodies...like the old bars, lol...yes I'm still missing them and the the flax snackers... and frozen FF already prepared dinners.... I'm told you years ago that is the business to be in... FF TV dinners...
    Happy day to you!
    xx,
    me
    Linda 161/145/135

I think any of the Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Breads (except the raisin) would be ok. These bread companies change their formulations all the time, so just do the best you can.

Would be nice if Uni Key could ship us the bread. If I recall, it was attempted a few years back but I guess it didn't work out.

Happy Day to You Too!
    Linda Shapiro

Meal Planning Maven